(*door creaks open – dust dances in the sunlight streaming through the dirty windows*) Hello? Is anyone still here?
Oh, right. I haven’t blogged since January 4th. That’s almost three months. THREE MONTHS PEOPLE! I’m sorry I have left you stranded. I hope you have found other forms of entertainment here on the interwebs. It’s been a little crazy here in my brain, and I’ve been busy with other things. I have been thinking about you though, and I’ve been jotting down some ideas for future blog posts. I know you’re all very excited.
So, to catch you up, here are a few things that have been happening since I blogged last:
- I got pregnant again. And then I had another miscarriage. Yes, it sucks. Yes, I’m feeling much better. Yes, we’re going to continue to try. We’ve been speaking with our reproductive endocrinologist about our options. They are expensive, to say the least. (Anyone have $25K they want to donate? Kidding. Sort of.)
- I officially launched a little space on the web for my photography biz. It’s definitely a work in progress, but I got some marketing tools set up, price lists set, etc. Check it out here: Katie Swisher Photography
- Speaking of photography, I got to shoot my little cousin’s wedding last week. You can check out the photos here: www.katieswisherphotography.com/tuzzio It was a beautiful day! I love my little Sara so much – I can’t believe she’s old enough to get married (and move away to Oklahoma! boo-hoo)
- The Super Bowl happened. It was kind of a big deal. It was in Indianapolis. That made it an even bigger deal ’round these parts. My brother’s band, Stereo Deluxe, played at a couple events celebrating the big game, and I snapped a few (hundred) photos of the band. You can check them out here and here. (P.S. Stereo Deluxe rocks! If you’re ever near a show, you must go. You can thank me later!)
- And in more photography news, I got to do my first maternity shoot! My life-long friend Michelle got in touch with me to shoot her beautiful belly. It was so awesome to see her (it’s been way too long), meet her beau (adorable, charming Rod), and snap shots of her baby bump! Good thing we got together when we did – she ended up having that baby early! Check out the shots here.
- I guess the biggest news that I have to share is that we are moving. What? Yes. Most of you know that Matt is an elder in the United Methodist Church, and that means that he serves a church under an appointment that is made by the bishop and cabinet. UMC elders are itinerant, meaning we go where they send us. Well, beginning July 1, we will be serving Smith Valley UMC in Greenwood, IN. We are sad to leave Veedersburg and Hillsboro, but we are excited about our new appointment. The first reason to get excited about Smith Valley is that it is located about 5 miles from where we grew up (and where most of our family still resides). We will be so close to our relatives – it’s amazing! I can’t wait to be able to visit our parents without having to drive an hour and a half. We’ll also be close to shopping, entertainment, etc. Another reason to be excited about this appointment is that there are some really cool things going on on Smith Valley that we can’t wait to be a part of! I know moving will be hard, but having great things to move toward will make this transition so much easier. There is a parsonage available to us, so we don’t have to go house-hunting or anything. AND there is a PERFECT (and I mean, PERFECT) spot in the house for me to set up a photography studio. I can’t wait to see what comes of that! There is equipment to buy (lighting, backdrops, etc.), but in the coming months, definitely be expecting me to ask for models to practice on. 🙂
I’ll try my best to blog more frequently. Sorry for the hiatus!
So, how have YOU been? 🙂